KI VA MOED! THE TIME HAS COME!!! BH the conference takes place in ISRAEL!!
Conference for Torah observant women in the creative & performing arts
March 8-10 in Ramat Bet Shemesh; March 11-12 in Jerusalem. Adar 21-24
Pre-conference program: Tuesday night, March 6 – Concert & Dance Party with Women’s Band Tofa’ah! 9pm
- Discounted tickets for women participating in ATARA conference events: www.elhalev.org
Thursday, March 8 – Women’s Concert in Collaboration with Iryat Bet Shemesh
- Featuring Judith Gerzi, Jezliah Villareal, Sapir Mendlowitz, Shaked Sebbag and the RBSDMA Performance Troupe, along with comedienne songwriter Chanale Fellig!
SHABBAT Parashat Parah 23 Adar, March 9-10 – SHABBATON for the ARTS – RAMAT BEIT SHEMESH
Limited space. Pre-registration required for Shabbaton. REGISTER
- Parshat Vayakhel Pikudei Parshat Parah 23 Adar, Candle lighting 5:03pm
- Check-in/Registration & snacks, 2-4pm Friday afternoon at the Pilzno shul, Rehov Tiveria, Ramat Shiloh
Friday night, March 9
Davening with Rabbi and Rebbitzen Gerzi at the Pilzno Shul, Rehov Tiveria, Ramat Shiloh
Dinner to follow davening. Registered guests only
Hear from leaders and pioneers in the arts community in Israel
- Oneg for the Arts, 8-11pm featuring theater performances and interactive programming, vocal harmonizing, and community building exercises with fellow creative and artistic women from around Israel and North America! For women only.
Shabbat day, March 10
- Morning davening in local shuls. Approx 7am or later depending on choice of shul
- Lunch meals in small groups relating to artistic genre, 11:15am
- Afternoon programming 3-7pm featuring Torah and Chassidic ideas on the arts and music, plus interactive drama. Hear the fascinating stories of artists with decades of experience in the professional industry.
Third meal (Seudat Shlishit) included for registered guests only, 5-6pm
- Havdallah Kumsitz, 6:30pm.
Motzei Shabbat, March 10 – Motzei Shabbat Women’s Concert! 8:30pm
- Featuring professional female performing artists from all over Israel and the U.S. and Canada. Tziona Achishena – Shaindel Antelis – Smadar Morag – Avital Macales – Rachel Hutner – Hadassah Haller – Sara Zier – Claudia Amzallag – Batya Taylor – Joan Levin and More! Matnas Gvanim RBS – Nachal Dolev 16, RBS A
Sunday, March 11 – A Day of Master Classes, 8:30am – 5pm. JERUSALEM
- Emunah College for Women & Arts. Derech Beit Lehem 104, Jerusalem
- Workshops in the creative & performing arts taught by industry professionals
- Perk: Light lunch included with pre-registration
- Musical theater dance & voice with Adina Feldman
- Vocal technique with Judith Gerzi of RBS Dance & Music Academy
- Stagecraft with Jerusalem artist/director S. Kim Glassman
- A Journey towards voice: sing your body, sing your soul with Ana Elya
- The spirit, power and healing in collaboration/Drumming with Yona Saslow Yakobovitz of “Tofaah”
- Bibliodrama with Yael Unterman
- Jazz master class with Jezliah Villarreal from the RBS Dance and Music Academy
- Modern dance master class with Sharona Florsheim of “Noga Dance Company”
Contemporary master class with Shaked Sebag from the RBS Dance and Music Academy
- Playback Midrash with Toby Klein Greenwald of Na’na Playback Theater Dance Troupe and Raise Your Spirits Theatre
- Improv Acting with Leah Bassett
- Presentation with Adv. Barry Schuman on music licensing from Israeli, US & halachic perspectives
Sunday, March 11 – Evening Concert, 7-9pm
El Halev, Po’alei Tsedek St 2, Jerusalem
- Featuring award-winning Noga Dance Company, dancers/choreographers Maayan Haller and Gitty Porgesz, symphony cellist Ina Esther Joost Ben Sasson, Songwriter Sarah Spielman, Raise Your Spirits performers Bracha Daniel and Audelia Zagury and more!
Monday, March 12 – Art & Music History
- Learn about Jewish musician-king on private Tour of the Davidic Dynasty Legacy Museum, 11am-Noon
- Networking luncheon at the Plaza Hotel and art history lecture, 12:30-3pm
SATELLITE PROGRAMS March 10-11 in CHUTZ L’ARETZ CITIES
Motzash, March 10 – Women’s Concert at the Levi Yitzchak Library in Crown Heights
- To perform contact email@example.com
Sunday, March 11 – Workshops in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, 10:30am-3pm
- Workshops and lunch together with ATARA artists in CH Brooklyn.
- Featuring live stream/conversation with Israel, Baltimore & Pgh PA
Sunday, March 11 – Classical Concert in Manhattan, 7:30pm
- Featuring Laileet chamber ensemble of flute, piano, cello & violin. Rivka Nahari, Laura Melnicoff, Devra Siedel & Stephanie Kurtzman, along with other professional religious female musicians
Sunday, March 11 – BALTIMORE, MD. Dance Workshop and gathering, 11am-4pm
- Featuring Shelly Dembe’s Soulstir Dance workshop from 1-3pm.
- Light dinner and performances 3-4
Motzei Shabbat & Sunday, March 10-11
- LOS ANGELES – Emek Theater Program, March 10, 8:30pm, March 11, 2 & 7pm
- BOSTON, MA – March 11 – Mosesian Center for the Arts in Watertown
- PITTSBURGH, PA – March 11 – Presentation by Tzohar Seminary
- SCOTTSDALE, AZ – March 11 – Piano concert by Elizabeth Prodonoff
- BOCA RATON, FL – March 11 – Concert with Tzirel Mitzman
Registration and Tickets: ataraisrael2018.eventbrite.com
Contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact by phone: Yehudis Rosenthal (Israel)053-226-5161, Rochel Grundman (Israel) 050-7640911, Leah Bassett (Israel) 058-690-5948, or Henya Storch (NY) 862-206-9978.
- The Leo and Hannah Storch Foundation
- The Myrna Zisman Foundation
- The Eshet Chayil Foundation
- Raise Your Spirits Theater Company
- Spotlight on Women
- The Ramat Bet Shemesh Dance & Music Academy
- The Storch Agency International
- World Emunah